Scope Global and Pacific Islands Trade and Invest are working together to explore ways to support volunteers in the areas of creative arts, investment, export and tourism development in the Pacific Islands.
This partnership has led to the Pacific Islands Trade and Invest Funding for Tourism Development Initiative Grants, which are now open.
Up to 10 grants are available, each valued at up to $1500. Current Scope Global supported Australian volunteers in Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu may be eligible to apply.
Initiatives that demonstrate a positive impact on tourism development can be supported, such as:
- Business development, capacity building and training
- Developing promotional material to market a host organisation’s product or service
- Attending an exhibition or conference to promote a host organisation’s product or service and to network with prospective consumer markets
- Market research to aid market development for a product or service
- Tourism infrastructure or product development, such as implementing new technology or developing new tourism experiences.
Applications close on Monday 5 December 2016.
Pacific Islands Trade and Invest develops, grows and promotes Pacific Island businesses through generating international opportunities, with an aim to create sustainable communities and greater prosperity. As an arm of the Pacific Islands Forum, their mission is to contribute to sustainable economic development of Pacific Islands countries by creating opportunities for exporters, investors and stakeholders.
This is the second round of grants offered through our partnership with Pacific Islands Trade and Invest. We’re pleased to support this important initiative and look forward to sharing positive tourism development outcomes that are made possible through the grants.