Australia Awards South and West Asia (AASWA) team members from across the region came together in Bangkok for the AASWA Regional Planning Workshop last week.
The workshop provided a rare opportunity for the team and representatives from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to meet and collaborate face-to-face. Team members are usually based in countries as far and wide as Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The regional workshop was held to:
- review progress at the mid-point of the program and identify key areas for development over the next 2.5 years
- ensure the program is aligned with and supports the Australian Government’s cross-cutting priorities
- prepare the ground for new program-level strategies in public diplomacy, gender and social inclusion, and partner government engagement
- provide a forum in which good practices and lessons learned can be shared across the region, and identify new opportunities for regional cooperation
- finalise country plans to 31 December 2017 and prepare to plan for 2018 and 2019.
Scope Global manages Australia Awards South and West Asia on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.